Sunday, October 31, 2010

Will Work For ???

Writers are getting creamed in the tanked economy.  Jeesh...

Here's an ad I found on Craigslist tonight:

Writer needed for legal website. I can pay $20 per article, for a 700+ word article.

Part time person wanted, possibly full time. You must be a good writer and not write like a robot or someone that's writing a term paper.

The articles you will write must be researched on the internet and written to be original, not copies or plagarisms.

Remember, the articles you're writing will be for the public, for the lay person, so the language must be clear, easy to understand, and not deadly boring or technical.

Please email me with a sample of your writing so I can schedule a paid sample to be created by you if your initial sample looks good.

Hours are flexible, but you must commit to writing a minimum of 5 articles a week.


Well, I decided a lawyer could come in handy at some point, so I responded with my own ad:

MY AD:

Lawyer needed for writer’s website.  I can pay $20 per hour, or $20 per 3-5 page contract.

 

Part-time person wanted, possibly full time. You must be a good lawyer, and not focus on personal injury law, or any other types of practice that would be equated with a “land shark” or “smarmy” appearance.

 

The contracts and legal advice you will provide must be researched in law libraries and written to be original, not copies or plagiarisms from other “land sharks.”  It is also imperative you actually know how to spell words such as: plagiarism, et al.

 

Remember, the contracts you're writing, and advice you’ll be giving, will be for the public, for the lay person, so the language must be clear, easy to understand, and not deadly boring or full of terms and words that haven’t been used in the last century and never will be used again by normal mortals.   

 

Please email me with a sample of your legal contracts so I can schedule a paid contract to be created by you if your initial contract looks good, as well as a recent head shot because if you are unattractive I probably wouldn’t want you to represent me in court.


Hours are flexible, but you must commit to being at my beck and call a minimum of 5 hours a week.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment